Subject: Siig CyberSerial 4S on netbsd 2.0 ?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brad du Plessis <bduplessis@commissionaires.ab.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/13/2005 21:33:44
Hi,

I'm running netbsd 2.0 stable and have just purchased a Siig CyberSerial 4S
com port expander as it was recommended on the Netbsd hardware compatibility
list. The card seems to be detected ok, but it doesn't seem to operate
correctly. I plugged in a modem and tested it with minicom, I got characters
echoing to the minicom terminal, but the modem was not responding to AT
commands.

The same test worked fine on com0 on the onboard com port so I know there
are no issues with the modem / cable.

Has anyone got this card running on netbsd 2.0?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
 Brad

PS dmesg printout below:
puc0 at pci1 dev 2 function 0: Oxford Semiconductor OX16PCI954 UARTs (com,
com, com, com)

com3 at puc0 port 0: interrupting at irq 3

com3: ns16550a, working fifo

com4 at puc0 port 1: interrupting at irq 3

com4: ns16550a, working fifo

com5 at puc0 port 2: interrupting at irq 3

com5: ns16550a, working fifo

com6 at puc0 port 3: interrupting at irq 3

com6: ns16550a, working fifo

Oxford Semiconductor Ltd. product 0x9510 (miscellaneous bridge) at pci1 dev
2 function 1 not configured