Subject: Re: Problems with USB HID Kernel options...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/04/2005 00:37:36
I config'd and installed ./conf/GENERIC -- when I did the compile I caught =
a logfile with EMACS.
I did notice usm, hid, uhid, etc. When I booted it I got the following erro=
r:

getty[602]: /dev/ttyE3: Device not configured
getty[606]: /dev/ttyE3: Device not configured
getty[624]: /dev/ttyE3: Device not configured

It then asked me to press any key to reboot

I then config'd and installed ./conf/PERSONAL/GENERIC-2.0-ADP.950 -- I caug=
ht a log and noticed
usm, hid, uhid, etc as I did above. But system boot was successful.

Since my system has the VIA Chipset could that be hiding something -- er, c=
ould I have turned off an
important option when I configured my kernel?