Subject: Re: Problems with USB HID Kernel options...
To: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/03/2005 13:50:47
"Todd Gruhn" <tgruhn2@mail.com> writes:
> I config'd and installed ./conf/GENERIC -- when I did the compile I caught a logfile with EMACS.

...and why is that logfile relevant?

> I did notice usm, hid, uhid, etc. When I booted it I got the following error:
>
> getty[602]: /dev/ttyE3: Device not configured
> getty[606]: /dev/ttyE3: Device not configured
> getty[624]: /dev/ttyE3: Device not configured

The getty error messages are totally irrelevant. It just means you
have something in /etc/ttys that isn't configured, probably because
you don't have wscons=YES in your rc.config or something. Anyway, they
don't matter.

> It then asked me to press any key to reboot

Er, huh? Could you please explain that a bit better? Your system
obviously printed lots of stuff other than "press any key to reboot"
-- and in fact, one wouldn't expect that message if your system had,
say, paniced, only if you had done a halt(8).

> I then config'd and installed ./conf/PERSONAL/GENERIC-2.0-ADP.950

As I have no idea what is in that config (which is not a standard
config), it isn't particularly interesting.

Perry