Subject: Re: Problems with USB HID Kernel options...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/03/2005 08:18:18
I expected it to work because I configured "USB Generic HID devices".
When I can config, it confiigured successfully, then it made depend, and ma=
de.

Having previously Googled this thing -- I saw other users boot messages
which had the form:
uhid0 at uhub ...
But that failed to show up in any of my boot messages -- so I gave up and d=
ecided
to ask for help. The other options is USB is plainly broken... correct?

Here are the last set of USB boot messages

  Jun  2 16:45:21 gandalf /netbsd: uhci0 at pci0 dev 7 function 2: VIA Tech=
nologies VT83C572 USB Contr
       oller (rev. 0x16)
  Jun  2 16:45:21 gandalf /netbsd: uhci0: interrupting at irq 12
  Jun  2 16:45:21 gandalf /netbsd: usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
  Jun  2 16:45:21 gandalf /netbsd: uhub0 at usb0
  Jun  2 16:45:22 gandalf /netbsd: uhub0: VIA Technologies UHCI root hub, c=
lass 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, ad
       dr 1=20

Todd