Subject: Re: Problems with USB HID Kernel options...
To: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/02/2005 14:52:48
"Todd Gruhn" <tgruhn2@mail.com> writes:
> I have been trying for the past 2 days to get a Logitech Click!
> Optical Mouse (Cordless) to work with NetBSD. My first problem is I
> need the USB HID device option enabled. I did this several ways and
> it did not work. I finally looked through my compile directory and
> found no uhidev.c or ums.c files! Whats with that?

Why would you expect those files be in your compile directory? config
does not copy the sources into the compile directory. Given that you
probably see only five stub .c files in your compile directory, why
would you expect others to be in there?

Zeroth question: you say "and it did not work". That is not a problem
report. What didn't work, and why don't you think it worked? Did you
run config? Did config complain? Did you fix its complaints? What
happens when you type "make depend && make" in the kernel build
directory? Have you built other kernels on this machine successfully
in the past? etc., etc.

First question: what happens when you try plugging in the mouse with a
GENERIC kernel? Does it work okay?

Perry