Subject: Re: installing suse91_base, ldconfig fails with syntax error
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jarmo Jaakkola <jarmo.jaakkola@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/01/2005 23:02:49
Hi again.

This problem has been solved.

On Tue 03, May 2005 at 21:14 +0300, Jarmo Jaakkola wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm having some weird problems, when I try to install emulators/suse91_base
> (needed by www/opera7).
> Heres some grepping from /netbsd:
> _CFG_options         COMPAT_LINUX    # binary compatibility with Linux
> _CFG_###> options \011EXEC_AOUT\011# exec a.out binaries
> _CFG_###> options \011EXEC_ELF32\011# exec ELF binaries
> _CFG_###> options \011EXEC_SCRIPT\011# exec #! scripts
>
> Don't these mean that I have Linux-compatibility?  Is there something
> else needed?

Yes, they do.  But one should check that the options are set in the
kernel, which is in use!

Stupid me.  I'm running RAID-5 setup and I had only copied the custom
kernel with COMPAT_LINUX to the RAID-root, not on the root the machine
boots the kernel from.

I really do feel silly now.  Sorry for the bother :)

--
 Jarmo Jaakkola, Student at Tampere University of Technology
 "If a shop is open 24h/day 7 days/week, why do they have locks in their