Subject: RE: getting started with torrent
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <Pablo.Docampo.Dieguez@sergas.es>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/27/2005 09:30:30
Hi!

> I am getting started with torrent. Currently, I am using=20
> ctorrent (from
> pkgsrc).

I have never used it, but bittorrent and bittornado.

> Can ctorrent be stopped and restarted? Or will it start=20
> downloading from
> the beginning again?

It should be resumed. Just open the torrent file again and choose the sam=
e place. I suppose you can even alternate between console and gui without=
 problems.

> If it can be restarted to continue same downloads, where does=20
> it keep its
> status file?

Hmmmmm, I don't know.

> Can different torrent clients be used to continue previously started
> torrent downloads?
> For example, could I stop ctorrent and then restart with=20
> using rtorrent?
>=20
> (rtorrent is in pkgsrc-wip but is out-of-date.)

I have started some downloads with bittorrent/bittornado and resumed them=
 with Azureus on a windows box, so I suppose the answer is "yes".

> I could figure this out myself by trying ... does anyone know=20
> of some good
> documentation I can read to learn more about this?

Sorry, no doc. Just experience :)

Bye!

<PoLiTvS>

Nota: La informaci=F3n contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documento=
s adjuntos es privada y confidencial y est=E1 dirigida =FAnicamente a su =
destinatario. Si usted no es el destinatario original de este mensaje, po=
r favor elim=EDnelo. La distribuci=F3n o copia de este mensaje no est=E1 =
autorizada.=20

Note: The information in this message and any attachments that may be inc=
luded with it, is private and confidential and is directed exclusively to=
 the message's recipient. If you are not the original recipient of this m=
essage, please erase it. Distribution or copying of this message isn=B4t =
authorized