Subject: Using a netgear WG511 wireless card
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeffrey A. Edlund <jae-bsd@glaxonlabs.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/26/2005 11:35:22
I'm using NetBSD 2.0.2_STABLE with a kernel configuration that is essentially GENERIC_LAPTOP on a Dell Inspiron 4000.   I have a netgear WG511 wireless card that I'd like to use with the laptop, but I can't figure out what I need to do.  Google doesn't seem to help.

When I insert the card I get:
Intersil, ISL3890, -, - (manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0) Intersil Intersil PRISM-
54 Mini-PCI WLAN (miscellaneous network, revision 0x01) at cardbus0 dev 0 functi
on 0 not configured

On the back of the card I note that the FCC ID is: PY3WG511-F
Below that I see v2.0.

Is it possible to get this card to work?

What's the best way to determine if a card is supported by netbsd before I buy it?

Thanks,

Jeffrey