Subject: Re: unable to get processes to start from /etc/rc.conf
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/24/2005 12:32:09
On 5/24/05, Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@xtrmntr.org> wrote:
>=20
> then you could set PKG_SYSCONFBASEDIR to /etc/pkg/rc.d in mk.conf and
> add it to rc_rcorder_flags in rc.conf.
>=20
>=20

Looking in /etc/mk.conf RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR is set to /etc/rc.d already.=20
Should I also
need to change PKG_SYSCONFBASEDIR as well ?=20

RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR?=3D /etc/rc.d
# This is the system rc.d script directory in which all rc.d scripts
# expected to be executed at boot-time should be found.  Package views
# users may want to set this to "${PKG_SYSCONFBASEDIR}/rc.d".
# Possible: any path you like
# Default: /etc/rc.d

Based on the above quote, my interpretation tells me that the apache packag=
and postgresql package should be installing their startup scripts in
/etc/rc.d, yes ?
Or have I mis-interpreted the above variables usage ?=20

cheers,

      mehul

--=20
Mehul N. Sanghvi