Subject: Re: unable to get processes to start from /etc/rc.conf
To: Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/24/2005 09:27:50
On Tue, 24 May 2005, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:

> > then you could set PKG_SYSCONFBASEDIR to /etc/pkg/rc.d in mk.conf and
> > add it to rc_rcorder_flags in rc.conf.
> >

> Time to re-install some packages.  :-)

I think I missed or overlooked the context for the earlier messages.
PKG_SYSCONFBASEDIR is used for various configurations and not just rc.d
scripts. (And PKG_SYSCONFBASEDIR is usually derived from
PKG_SYSCONFBASE.)

RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR is used to choose where the rc.d scripts are installed
when PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS is set to "YES".

PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS can be set to "YES" in mk.conf but can also be defined in
the shell environment for when using binary packages. (Note that
PKG_CONFIG needs to be "YES" also, but that is the default.)

You could set RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR to /etc/pkg/rc.d or /etc/rc.d as examples.
(And set PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS to "YES".)

Or you could set RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR (in your mk.conf) to
${PKG_SYSCONFBASEDIR}/rc.d and set PKG_SYSCONFBASE to /etc or /etc/pkg/.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/