Subject: Re: Multiple Monitors
To: Daniel Brewer <danielb@cat.co.za>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/18/2005 23:01:08
--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

Also sprach Daniel Brewer (danielb@cat.co.za)

> We're trying to run a single system with multiple monitors on a single
> graphics card. In text-mode, both monitors have identical displays. In X,
> one monitor shows the display correctly while the other shows nothing.
>=20
> Specifically, we've tried NetBSD 1.6.1 and X ver 4.3.99.1 with an nvidia
> FX5200.
> I have managed to specify which monitor has the X display, but only 1
> monitor will work at a time.
>=20
> Is there a way to get both X displays to be from the same card? Will a mo=
re
> recent version of NetBSD / X work?

That's a problem of the X-Server.
You'll need one capable of using both VGA Outputs. There was one
available for Matrox (search the archives) and there are some by
NVidia for Linux or FreeBSD, maybe they work.

Dualhead with different videocards works w/o problems, I have one AGP
Card and 2 PCI Cards for 3 Monitors.

--=20
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
--=20
Vertrocknete Halme der Morgenbluete knisternd im Feuer
So leuchtend wie unsere brennenden Herzen
Furumaru / Yamamoto Tsunetomo                          [http://www.net-tex.=
de]

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--