Subject: Re: auotmounting direct mounts via AMD
To: Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
From: Sir Clark Frazier Hale I <xlark@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/13/2005 16:32:45
Mehul Sanghvi wrote:

Hello,

> a Solaris box, and Solaris automount mounts the
> directories as and when needed.
>
> My home directory is /home/msanghvi.  When I login to a Solaris
> system, automount
> will mount server:/export/home/msanghvi as /home/msanghvi on the local machine.
> How do I get AMD to do the same thing ?

There was a very similar discussion thread a while back.  Search for
Linux and Autofs.  Essentially, BSD AMD is not compatible with Solaris
Automounter (or SunOS or Linux).

You are going to have to grab the map files from the NIS server, and
converts them into a form that BSD AMD understands.  There are Perl
scripts (and I'd suspect Awk, as well) that should do the trick.

The only caveat that you may run into is that there is no auto.master
equivilent, and maps are defined in amd.conf

I would think direct and indirect maps would be able to be converted,
but I'm not sure.

HTH

Clark

--