Subject: Re: how to kill any O* when compiling
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/04/2005 19:43:26
thus Julio M. Merino Vidal spake:
> On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 19:14 +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:
>
>>hi,
>>
>>i have lots of (runtime only) troubles with db4 on macppc and sparc64.
>>
>>for macppc there's a statement in hacks.mk that kills any O* statements
>>if gcc is <3.3 (although even later gccs seem to cause problems, i'm
>>testing this).
>>
>>however, is there a way to kill any O* statements when building the
>>package? i tried sth. like CFLAGS-=-O* and COPTS-=-O* in /etc/mk.conf,
>>but this didn't work (there were still -O2's)...
>>
>>any idea?
>

> Try adding this to mk.conf (untested) or to the package makefiles:
>
> BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=	rm:-O[0-9]*

tried, didn't work (AFAICS).

> BTW, I also had problems with perl built with -O2 under Linux/ppc (well,
> in fact it didn't built because miniperl gave problems at runtime, thus
> breaking the build).  Is GCC so buggy under this arch?

perl58 runs fine for me under NetBSD/macppc.

however, that not functioning db4 is really annoying because i need it
for cyrus22 and netatalk.

cheers,

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@macfinity.net
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.