Subject: Re: Poor disk performance
To: Ari Sovijarvi <apz-list@2304.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/04/2005 08:56:41
On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 04:49:19PM +0300, Ari Sovijarvi wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2005, Richard Rauch wrote:
> >Your problem sounds a little like something I once had.
 [...]
> I think I've read your original post while I was searching for others with
> the same problem.

Hm.  Okay.  (^&

 [...]
> I'd find it very odd, if BOTH of the drives were suffering the same kind of
> a problem, especially when they're about 3 months old. Then again, this is
> a RAID system, so I could replace the drives one by one, but I'd rather
> look for other alternatives first before spending 150e for new hardware
> that might not fix the problem.

Do you know if they ever performed well under NetBSD?

It is entirely possible that both of my drives started to have problems
within 3 months of new.  I half-suspect that it was a design "feature"
for low-power that is supposed to be turned on/off by a special driver
for MonopolySoft.