Subject: Re: postfix: relayhost without SSL needed?
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <wanker4freedom@web.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/22/2005 10:05:57
>> I can't have postfix require connecting clients have SSL though, only
>> SMTP Auth.  Some clients that I want to be able to relay, cannot
>> support SSL.
>
> You need SASL2 and Postfix from pkgsrc.
>
> Add this to the SASL2 makefile:
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-login
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-plain
>
> this to /etc/mk.conf:
> USE_SASL2=YES
> POSTFIX_USE_SASL_AUTH=YES
>
> run saslauthd.
>
> And it should work.
> Make sure that you do not use the postfix which came with the system.

hm,

meanwhile that has slightly changed to a more convenient way: in
mk.conf set

PKG_OPTIONS.postfix= sasl tls # or more, if needed

available options are: bdb inet6 ldap mysql mysql4 pcre pgsql sasl tls

to force postfix use SSL&TLS you should tell it in it's config file.

HTH,

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.