Subject: espcutil (pkgsrc/print/gimp-print-escputil) does not work.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Shigeki UNO <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/31/2005 05:32:48
Hello, NetBSD users.

As I wanted to check how much inks remains in my printers, I typed

% sudo escputil -i -r /dev/lpt0

on console. However the following message responded. (What a Bummer!)

Cannot read from /dev/ulpt0: Operation not supported by device

I have searched netbsd mailing lists archives and I found there were a few
postings about usb printers. In those ones poster had experienced the same
problmes which I have now. I wonder escutil is broken?

Does anyone have gotten it to work nicely?

BTW, my printer's model is Epson PM-700C which is called Stylus Photo 700
in The States and that is attached via parallel.

% uname -a
NetBSD musashi 2.99.14 NetBSD 2.99.14 (MUSASHI) #0: Sat Jan 15 15:08:34 JST 2005
root@MUSASHI:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/MUSASHI i386

TIA,

---
Shigeki UNO