Subject: Re: Setting up RAID 1 with RaidFrame
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Anders Dinsen <anders@dinsen.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/30/2005 07:35:42
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> In article <Pine.NEB.4.60.0501291714560.20534@kvik.lan.dinsen.net>,
> 	Anders Dinsen <anders@dinsen.net> writes:
>> I did
>>
>> /usr/sbin/installboot -v /dev/rwd1a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1
>
> Sounds good.  Did you also copy the matching "/usr/mdec/boot" to the
> root of the raid file system?

I see my problem now... Partition a on my raid file system starts at
offset 63:

  a:   4195296        63     4.2BSD   1024  8192 46616

but the boot loader assumes that it starts on offset 0 (reading the code)
in order to read "boot".

I'll have to recreate the filesystems in the raid set...

There's a documentation discrepancy between the guide and raidctl man page
by the way: The man page states that reading the kernel from a raid set is
not possible except alpha and pmax, but I'll file a bug report on that.

Cheers,
- Anders