Subject: amd doesnot mount two exports from one server
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/29/2005 22:06:33
Hello:

I've nfs-exported two directories ( /home and /mnt) from my
home server "steinlaus" (netbsd 1.6.2)

on the client side (netbsd 2.0) I am running automounter with the
example from /usr/share/examples/amd/net with the only change of
mounting read-write.

on client I changed my home-directory with usermod to
/net/steinlaus/home/rudi which workes fine.

but then cd-ing to /net/steinlaus/mnt doesnot automount that directory.
I can mount it manually though with:
mount steinlaus:/mnt /amd/steinlaus/root/mnt

any ideas? something misconfigured?

Other things noted:
when starting a new xterm with bash as shell I start at:
rudi@ibook:/amd/steinlaus/root/home/rudi$
and only a subsequent "cd" changes to
rudi@ibook:~$

Rudi

P.S. please keep me cc: i'm not subscribed to netbsd-help