Subject: home directories in Linux emulation
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Roman Kennke <roman@ontographics.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/29/2005 09:55:11
Hi list,

I try to run a Java application in Linux emulation. It seems that it has
problems with accessing my home directory /home/roman. Obviously only
the directory structure below /emul/linux is visible and there I have no
/emul/linux/home/roman directory. I tried to create it and set
appropriate permissions but this only leads to other problems (and is
ugly because I would rather like to have everything in one place). So it
came to mind to create a symlink from /home/roman ->
/emul/linux/home/roman or /usr/pkg/emul/linux/home/roman but this leads
to an error saying 'too many levels of symlinks'. Now I don't know what
else there is to do.

- why does Linux emulation not use /home/* instead of /emul/linux/home/* ??
- can I change this somehow (a sysctl setting? ENV-variable?)

Best regards,
Roman