Subject: Re: rtk0 watchdog timeout
To: Roman Kennke <roman@ontographics.com>
From: Roman Kennke <roman@ontographics.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/2005 21:48:54
>> Hi,
>>
>> On the installation cd, you can find the generic laptop kernel.
>>
>> We also have an Acer laptop and there are a lot of device at IRQ 10.
>>
>> But, try out the generic_laptop kernel.
>
> Yeah, that brings my network card to live.

Sadly now I get another problem. I tried to compile mozilla on this
machine and after ~30 minutes it powers itself down. I tried this twice,
same result. I assume this is caused by ACPI because I have seen such
behaviour on other OSs, but of course I cannot be sure. OTOH I have
successfully compiled xfce4 , which went much longer without power off.
Any ideas what could cause the powerdown or how I could find it out?

/Roman