Subject: Re: Midrange Server hardware recommendation, please.
To: Dmitry Mityugov <Dmitry.Mityugov@MyRealBox.com>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/2005 12:39:04
Exactly. Check all the basics too, like power and cooling. At the data center
where I have my systems, and at a few customer sites I manage, I always check
these things first. Under good conditions, I've had few problems with any
2U or larger systems. Also, the systems I've built, or had built to spec
have survived extremely well compared with systems from the major
manufacturers. That said, 1U servers can be problematicm e,g, no
matter what you buy, cramming 48 1U systems in a cabinet is going to be tricky,
especially with newer, hotter cpus.

Of course now that I've said this all my systems will spontaneously combust.
:-)

--
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing