Subject: Re: got drivers?
To: Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
From: Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2005 15:33:56
Chuck Swiger wrote:

> Dieter wrote:
> [ ... ]
>
>> You could add DragonflyBSD.  Maybe Solaris, they are supposedly
>> becoming some form of open source.  Maybe Apple's OS X, although
>> I wonder if there are or will be any open source OS X drivers.
>

> Sure.  http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.3.7/

To be clear, are the drivers for Darwin (by itself) the same as those
(that are open source) for OSX?  Or will I find drivers on
opensource.apple.com/darwinsource that I won't find on a site that is
for Darwin but not for OSX?

> ...most of the things with capital letters (IOKit) are drivers.
> Apple's site wants you to login first, but they are available via
> CVSweb on opendarwin.org:

I don't mind logging in, I own an apple.  It is a totally useless
machine that won't stay up for more than four hours (at least running
OSX; I will have to try NetBSD on it; my suspicion is that OSX has a
multiprocessor problem that will not occur in NetBSD, but that remains
to be seen).

> http://cvs.opendarwin.org/index.cgi/src/IOKitUser/

This is where you said that logging in is not necessary, and this has
the same drivers as I would find using the first URL you listed?

TIA,
Seth