Subject: VIA C3-MoBo w. NetBSD 2.0
To: None <netbsd-help@netBSD.org>
From: Roman K. <marauder2c@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2005 23:21:34
Hi there,

I'm currently in a little mess with NetBSD 2.0 and a VIA C3-MoBo (PCchips is
the vendor).
It seems to be the problem described under bug-report 26007 which was
already present in 2.0 beta. Since I'm new to this list I'm not sure if
anyone can offer me some good advice here or whether I should just append to
the bug-report and wait to see if anything happens (apparently nothing has
for quite some time..maybe not a lot of people are running VIA).
For the Moment I'm of the hook by having installed the thing with an
1.6-disc which provided the bootcode which I switched in the install-process
for a 2.0-disc. It's a messy install but seems to work with some setbacks
and minor malfunctions...
Anyone got a better way?

roman