Subject: Re: Artwiz fonts under X, not known
To: None <NetBSD-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sentinel <sentinel@no-log.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2005 00:13:18
> I assume you had real PREFIX for your configuration since xfontsel worked.
Yes i wrote the path with the good prefix.

> By default, the fluxbox package uses fontconfig. Check your
> /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.conf (or where ever you keep it).
>
> You should need:
>
> <fontconfig>
> <dir>/usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts</dir>
> </fontconfig>
>
> (Normally that would be done in the /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/local.conf
> file.)
i checked both file font.conf & local.conf, the first contain the path,
the second doesn't not contain it. I tried to add it to the second.

> Also to test, you could add that to your own ~/.fonts.conf file.
I did that too, i had to ~/.fonts.conf file what you told me i need in.
Then i killed X, logout and come back. But this hasn't change anything.
As before they are known by xfontsel but not by fluxbox, gimp, gtk2, etc.
I must say too, the fonts was working well not long ago. And i think
there is only one thing i did between the time it was working and now: i
did the update of system base. 2.0 -> 2.0.1. Can it be the update ?

Thanks a lot.