Subject: Re: got drivers?
To: Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com>
From: Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/24/2005 16:41:43
In message <41F58D7B.9060406@cql.com>, Seth Kurtzberg writes:
> I don't disagree that additional drivers are needed.
>
> I have not, however, seen the ATA driver cause problems with other
> devices.  The explanation may be that I don't happen to be using the
> devices with which you see problems.  I'd be curious to know the specifics.

Setting the PCI latency appears to have fixed the problem
by preventing the ATA from hogging the PCI bus for too long.
Details are on the netbsd-help list, looks like someone dropped
tech-misc.

There is now a discussion on port-alpha on how to fix PCI latency
problems, since mine was the second latency problem this month.