Subject: Re: Artwiz fonts under X, not known
To: Sentinel <sentinel@no-log.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/24/2005 14:06:23
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Sentinel wrote:

> Configuration: NetBSD 2.0.1 I386 (I-Lion).
> I did the installation of artwiz fonts from current pkgsrc
> (artwiz-fonts-1.3nb1), but X seems to not know them. I mean they are
> known with xfontsel command, but it's not possible to use them with
> fluxbox, gimp, galeon, gtk2 config, textproc, editors, etc. I did what
> the message says at the end of installation:
> "You may wish to add the artwiz directory to your /etc/X11/XF86Config:"
>           FontPath        "${PREFIX}/lib/X11/fonts/artwiz/"
> This hasn't change anything. Thanks for your help.

I assume you had real PREFIX for your configuration since xfontsel worked.

By default, the fluxbox package uses fontconfig. Check your
/usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.conf (or where ever you keep it).

You should need:

<fontconfig>
<dir>/usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts</dir>
</fontconfig>

(Normally that would be done in the /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/local.conf
file.)

Also to test, you could add that to your own ~/.fonts.conf file.

 Jeremy C. Reed