Subject: Re: about ETOOMANYREFS using ppp.
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@tac.gw.com>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?C=E9sar_Catri=E1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/24/2005 18:18:17
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:31:25 -0500
christos@tac.gw.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> The bug is in the userppp code. It appears that it does not issue an
> RTM_DELETE command when it dies, so the RTM_ADD that it does again
> when it reconnects fails. Since userppp added the route, it is responsible
> for cleaning it up before re-adding it. The fix to the code should be
> simple. Seeing the obnoxious number of seteuid(0) calls it does, my
> guess is that it is poorly written and I would not use it.
>=20
> christos

The userppp program can take the standard input, output and error of anothe=
r=20
program (pppoa2, provided by the speedtouch package), instead of a device i=
n=20
its configuration file. Does pppd(8) and its options support this kind of=20
setup?

Sure, I would not use it either, and I would like to use native ppp.

Thanks

C=E9sar