Subject: Re: PostgreSQL taking a *lot* of CPU time.
To: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/22/2005 14:48:49
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:25:41 -0500, Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com> wrote:

> "Me too". I upgraded a production server on Sunday from 2.0RC4 kernel
> (and somewhat older userland) to 2.0 release and the postgresql 7.3
> server goes into a CPU loop after a couple of hours.  I am now running
> with libc.so and libpthread.so from May 1, 2004, will see if that
> fails.

I am able to reproduce this so far (using OSDB 'gmake test') on the following:
 2.0 RELEASE kernel with 2.0 userland
 2.0RC1 kernel with 2.0 userland
 2.0RC1 kernel with 2.0 userland + 2.0RC1 libpthread

I'm building /usr/src/lib right now on 2.0RC1, after I test new 2.0RC1
libraries I'll just do a normal 'build.sh' run and test after that.

Assuming all of these tests can reproduce the issue I will then
rebuild my postgresql 7.4.6 and OSDB tests with all of the 2.0RC1
tools & userland. (since they are 2.0 based right now)

I'm assuming since the server & tests are dyanamically linked it
shouldn't matter too much, but we'll see based on my test results.

-Andrew