Subject: Re: AFS or CodaFS
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Clymer <chris@theconceited.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/19/2005 16:34:08
Microsoft's "Services For UNIX" includes an NFS client among many other use=
ful=20
things.  Its a free download from microsoft.com, I can confirm that it work=
s=20
in Win2k and WinXP, its biggest requirement is an NTFS filesystem...it will=
=20
not run on FAT.

If you were to install SFU, you could just make NFS the standard across you=
r=20
network,perhaps that would be more attractive than SAMBA.

SFU is still worth a look regardless.  It basically gives Microsoft its own=
=20
UNIX utilities, most of which are GNU apps!  Its a fully-functional unix=20
environment within Windows, complete with csh and ksh.  Its UNIX subsystem,=
=20
called Interix, is even supported by Pkgsrc, if i recall correctly.