Subject: gnome 2.8 screensaver settings
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Rumi Szabolcs <rumi_ml@rtfm.hu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/18/2005 02:48:53
Hello!

I have installed Gnome 2.8 through meta-pkgs/gnome but I wasn't able
to find any tool to configure the (x)screensaver. Oddly enough I tried
to edit the /usr/pkg/lib/X11/app-defaults/XScreenSaver file but the
xscreensaver started by Gnome doesn't even seem to honor any changes
in that file, and there is no other XScreenSaver file on the filesystem.
The xscreensaver-gnome package in pkgsrc is outdated (for Gnome 1.x)
and the screensaver does not react to any changes made on the Gnome1
control panel it introduces anyway.

What should I do if I want to configure the screensaver?

Regards,

Szabolcs