Subject: RealAudio.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2005 19:55:10
I was looking around for a way to deal with RealAudio files under
NetBSD.  The only option that I've found is a couple of GNU/LINUX
programs (available in binary-only for, but at least in pkgsrc).
These might work, but they are only for i386.  I'm using AMD64.

In particular, since I'm from Kansas, I'm fond of the NPR-broadcast
show, Prairie Home Companion.  (For those who don't know, Kansans
have much in common in general with the Companion's depictions of
Lutherans...(^&)

The show is only available on the 'net in RealAudio format.  I'd
like to be able to download it and listen to it at my leisure.

So far, the only solution that I know is to just set up a radio
turned permamently to my local NPR statiuon, connect its headphone
jack to the mic jack on a computer, and have a script maintain
archives of the show from broadcast.