Subject: Re: Filesystem full errors.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Oscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2005 22:34:01
David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 09:12:21PM -0500, Watson Ladd wrote:
>> It turns out that netBSD does not add all free space to root in the
>> default install.  You need to manually add all the free space.
>
> It should add all the free space in the netbsd mbr partition to one
> of the filesystems.  This will be "/" unless you create "/usr" or
> request it be added elsewhere (or I got the code wrong).

I've reinstalled NetBSD 2.0 a dozen of times or so since Friday trying
to fix the boot problem I reported this weekend. Most of the time, the
install assigned about two hundred MB to / and the rest to /usr,
whitout any intervention by my part. Sometimes it assigned all the
space to /, though. A bit puzzling.

--
Oscar