Subject: Re: PostgreSQL taking a *lot* of CPU time.
To: Berteun Damman <berteun@gmail.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2005 15:23:17
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Berteun Damman wrote:

> Note that reproducing this is not hard, but it takes quite some time,
> because I have to let PostgreSQL run for a while doing nothing, and
> this can take 30-120 minutes or so. After inspecting the process with
> gdb it always get's killed, so I'll have to restart it again.
>
> My system is NetBSD 2.0 release (but now with my own kernel) and still
> with PostgreSQL 7.4.6 from the pkgsrc.

 	I've jus started seeing this on some 2.1_STABLE boxes. They had
 	been running PostgreSQL 7.4.6 from pkgsrc on 2.0_RCn without problems
 	but a newer OS & pkgsrc build gave the problems.

 	I needed an instant fix so switched them to postgres80 (I have
 	an updated qip postgres 8.0 rc5 package to commit as soon as I
 	work out where the man pages went).