Subject: Re: Filesystem full errors.
To: Watson Ladd <watsonladd@softhome.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/15/2005 18:56:56
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:10:41 -0500, Watson Ladd <watsonladd@softhome.net> wrote:
> I have a Dell with two partitions, one for windows Xp, one for netBSD.
> I also have a mystery partition at the start of the disk.  The BSD
> partition is 6000 Megabytes, but got filled up on a default install when
> I installed the package system.  The errors i got were :
> write failed: device full.

Dell systems often have a utility partition at the beginning of < 20MB.

If you have NetBSD up and working, provide the output of the following commands:
(the first two being the most important)
# fdisk wd0
# df -k
# disklabel wd0
# dmesg

Obviously 6GB should be plenty for a base system + pkgsrc.  If this is
a base 2.0 install and you're running out of space already something
went wrong during the installation and the commands above will help
diagnose how your system is setup now.

-Andrew