Subject: Filesystem full errors.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Watson Ladd <watsonladd@softhome.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/15/2005 20:10:41
I have a Dell with two partitions, one for windows Xp, one for netBSD.
I also have a mystery partition at the start of the disk.  The BSD
partition is 6000 Megabytes, but got filled up on a default install when
I installed the package system.  The errors i got were :
write failed: device full.

And friends.  This was during tar -xzvpf pkgscr.tar.gz on the NetBSD 2.0
release.  The same happend with OpenBSD, but much earlier.  My disk is
IDE, and sold as eighty gegs, but is smaller due to various marketing
scams.  Any suggestions and help appreciated.

Also, Windows seemed to install a device driver when I dual booted.  I
have no idea what that drive was, beyond my fdsk'd up BSD partition.

Thank you,
    Watson Ladd