Subject: Re: NFS over IPv6 problems
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/14/2005 04:12:50
> # showmount -e server6
> showmount: Can't do Exports rpc: RPC: Unknown host

This is strange. ktrace may be interesting to see. Maybe one of the server
processes on the NFS server didn't realize you enabled IPv6, and it just
needs a swift kick?

FWIW, I'm using NFS over IPv6 for my two i386 bulk build boxes (2.0 and
1.6.2) to access a 1.6.2/sparc storage, and it's been working for a long
time. I'm using name resolution via DNS, with a dedicated zone for IPv6,
and only listing FQDNs in the v6-zone in both the server's /etc/exports
and the client's /etc/fstab.

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/