Subject: Re: WWW Feedback from drumslayer2@yahoo.com: Lack Of information
To: Nicole H <drumslayer2@yahoo.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/11/2005 10:59:42
I removed the www list from this email. Just to let you know, www is a
private discussion and you forwarded a private email to a public list.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Nicole H wrote:

>  Might point was.. How Lame that is. FreeBSD has the
> Hardware Notes. The best in some ways was OpenBSD who
> also had links to the driver notes.  So if I have an
> Adaptec Blah Blah Blah and I want to know if it's
> supported by your OS, I have to write to someone or
> just try and install it? Is that what your saying?
>  Doesn't that defeat the point of having a helpful
> website?

You may also want to try the "NetBSD Supported Hardware Database" at
http://projects.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/hw.cgi

Also, the individual platform pages often have links to support
hardware; for example see the detailed information via:
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/hardware.html

And the INSTALL files for each release have detailed hardware information,
for example:
 ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-2.0/i386/INSTALL.html#SCSI host adapters

I do see there is a problem finding this information. Please suggest good
places to link from and good wording for this.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/