Subject: Re: WWW Feedback from drumslayer2@yahoo.com: Lack Of information
To: None <www@NetBSD.org, netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Nicole H <drumslayer2@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/11/2005 10:34:08
--- Simas Mockevicius <symka@NetBSD.vejas.lt> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 02:34:34AM +0000, Nicole
> wrote:
> > Being a FreeBSD user who is hiting a wall dealing
> with the
> > handoff of 4.X to 5.x and lack of tools for
> handeling
> > hardware raid. Specifically, how to monitor a raid
> array, I
> > decided to check you out. I must say I find it
> rather sad
> > that no place on your site can I find out what
> hardware you
> > support! (By hardware I mean what SCSI cards,
> Networking
> > cards etc.) Of course I was hoping for even more
> information
> > that that. But sadly I can't get any of it from
> your site.
> > Am I blind?
>
> Hi, Nicole,
>
> you may find all information about supported
> hardware here by bus
> type: http://www.NetBSD.org/Hardware

 Your kidding right? I mean that says Hey we have this
driver it does SCSI. We have this other driver it does
SCSI CD's.. etc.. That's It!

> If you need more detailed help on hardware you may
> write questions
> directly to netbsd-help@NetBSD.org mailling list, or
> check mail archives
> for information here: http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/.

 Might point was.. How Lame that is. FreeBSD has the
Hardware Notes. The best in some ways was OpenBSD who
also had links to the driver notes.  So if I have an
Adaptec Blah Blah Blah and I want to know if it's
supported by your OS, I have to write to someone or
just try and install it? Is that what your saying?
 Doesn't that defeat the point of having a helpful
website?

> Thank you for interest in NetBSD Project!

 Not if I can't even tell what hardware you support.

> Sincerely,
> Simas Mockevicius

 Nicole.