Subject: Can't build pdflib
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Lahteine <lscott44@qwest.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/2005 14:28:56
Hi,

I recently needed to upgrade a server running NetBSD 1.5.3_RC1
(GENERIC) to alleviate a few security vulnerabilities. I've gotten
every other package updated, but I am unable to build pdflib
successfully. It fails during the build of libtiff. The following
command in the build process fails with the error shown below:

cc -O2 -I/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/tiff/work/.buildlink/include
-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -o .libs/bmp2tiff bmp2tiff.o
-L/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/tiff/work/.buildlink/lib
../libtiff/.libs/libtiff.so ../port/.libs/libport.a
/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/tiff/work/.buildlink/lib/libjpeg.so
/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/tiff/work/.buildlink/lib/libz.so -lm -lc
-Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/tiff/work/.buildlink/lib

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2: undefined reference to `__builtin_vec_new'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2: undefined reference to `__builtin_vec_delete'

Apparently this is a common issue, but so far I have been unable to
locate a definitive solution. I've tried building gcc again in order to
get an updated libstdc++ but the build of gcc fails like so:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lgcc_pic: No such file or directory

How can I resolve these issues and get these packages to build?

- Scott Lahteine
   Native Seed Network