Subject: postfix doesn't recognize lo0
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Torsten Harenberg <harenberg@physik.uni-wuppertal.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/07/2005 09:16:26
Dear all,

sorry if this is the wrong list to ask.

I have a freshly installed NetBSD 2.0 sparc64 machine which I want to run as a
mailman and mail server.

[17:40] root@mailhost:~ $ uname -a
NetBSD mailhost 2.0 NetBSD 2.0 (GENERIC) #0: Thu Dec  2 02:49:29 UTC 2004
builds@build:/big/builds/ab/netbsd-2-0-RELEASE/sparc64/200411300000Z-obj/big/bui

lds/ab/netbsd-2-0-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC sparc64

I installed postfix from the pkgsrc, which I've done several times allready on
1.6.x machines.

Configuring postfix turned out to be the first problem:

If you define

inet_interfaces = $myhostname, localhost

postfix blames you with:

Jan  6 17:31:35 mailhost postfix[28892]: fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no
local interface found for 127.0.0.1

I tryed to get around this leaving this parameter undefined ( so use the
default which should be "all"). Instead I defined

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 132.195.78.3

like this.

Now postfix comes up, but has the strange effect that he relays mail coming
from the outgoing interface (hme0 is that case), but refuses to relay when
connecting over localhost:

[17:45] root@mailhost:/usr/pkgsrc $ telnet localhost smtp
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mailhost.iai.uni-wuppertal.de ESMTP Postfix
EHLO localhost
250-mailhost.iai.uni-wuppertal.de
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250 8BITMIME
MAIL FROM:<dummy@mailhost.iai.uni-wuppertal.de>
250 Ok
RCPT TO:<harenberg@physik.uni-wuppertal.de>
554 <harenberg@physik.uni-wuppertal.de>: Relay access denied
QUIT
221 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.
[17:46] root@mailhost:/usr/pkgsrc $ telnet mailhost smtp
Trying 132.195.78.3...
Connected to mailhost.iai.uni-wuppertal.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mailhost.iai.uni-wuppertal.de ESMTP Postfix
EHLO mailhost.iai.uni-wuppertal.de
250-mailhost.iai.uni-wuppertal.de
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000