Subject: Re: Is rsync still down..?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Tooley <netbsdMLpostNO@SPAM.quake.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/06/2005 17:06:50
On Wednesday 05 January 2005 18:09, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Marc Tooley wrote:
> > Just thought I'd post and see whether anyone else is still having
> > troubles running an rsync against anoncvs.netbsd.org to mirror the
> > CVS files?
> >
> > I keep getting a refused connection. :)
>
> Maybe try rsync.NetBSD.org.
>
> Some mirrors for rsync are listed at
> http://www.NetBSD.org/mirrors/#rsync

Hrm. The /cvsroot module isn't available from there it appears.. and the
mirrors I've tried don't seem to have the cvsroot module available
either. Where can I find "cvsroot"?

Retrieving the NetBSD src directly from rsync.netbsd.org...
opening tcp connection to rsync.netbsd.org port 873

** IMPORTANT NOTE **

Rsync service for the "anoncvs" module is moving from ftp.netbsd.org to
anoncvs.netbsd.org in the near future.  The new service is available
now.
Please see
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2004/03/29/0010.html
for important details.

** IMPORTANT NOTE **

@ERROR: Unknown module 'cvsroot'
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far)
[receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)