Subject: 100% CPU
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Germano Cesari <u56237z@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/06/2005 10:21:00
sometimes I have my CPU running at 100% without any apparent reason.. I
mean, It dosnt depend on someting Ive run or some job running in the
background.. sometimes I just work with the terminal and see a slow
response, check with gnome-system-monitor, and see a 100% cpu stable..

I cant reproduce it, it just appear to happen randomly..

And with gnome-system-monitor even if I select "All tasks" the lists shows
every task at 0% CPU, and every task as sleeping.. now, It really IS
difficult to find out which one is taking all that cpu..

1) is it a known problem? shall I have to look for some task in particular
when this happens? how can I stop it?

2) has the gnome-system-monitor a bug in %cpu? may I get a better one with
some more control over CPU load?

thnx

Germano