Subject: Re: netbsd 2.0/i386 and wi(4)
To: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/05/2005 21:26:19
Am Montag, 20.12.04, um 21:25 Uhr (US/Pacific) schrieb
<brook@biology.nmsu.edu>:
> When I try to configure the machine the wireless card is detected by
> the kernel and the network seems to be started correctly.  That is,
> ifconfig(8) and wiconfig(8) seem to report reasonable values.  Indeed,
> 'wiconfig wi0 -D' successfully scans for access points and detects the
> correct one.  'wiconfig wi0' reports the correct information about
> SSID, etc.

I presume that by 'report reasonable values' that means the AP is
listed as
associated, and that ifconfig has a reasonable IP address?

I've been trying to update my 1.6 to 2.0, and seem to have clobbered
X... but that's
a different story. Perhaps today I'll try my atheros based wifi
interfaces and
see if there are problems. (I have some prism2 based cards but Atheros
is more
readily available.)