Subject: Re: New logo
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2004 21:01:57
On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 02:52:37AM +0100, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> Richard Rauch wrote:
>
> >For an animal, I would (for a second time) nominate the cockroach
> >as a good, politically correct mascott for NetBSD.  If the daemon
>
> Indeed.  Cockroaches were around long before humans, and probably will
> still be around, when we humans are long gone.  And they have been
> ported to about any corner of earth.

Not to mention that they are small, fast, efficient, and their
constant cleaning of their feelers corresponds well with "clean
code" I think.  They live (run) on just about anything.  I bet that
there were more than a few cockroaches in Berkeley when BSD was
being created.

Plus, with 6 limbs, a cockroach can operate more complex toys than
a penguin, where the latter has only 4 limbs.  Nevermind a constipated
fish...(^&