Subject: Re: New logo
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2004 19:36:57
For an animal, I would (for a second time) nominate the cockroach
as a good, politically correct mascott for NetBSD.  If the daemon
is so problematic for being offensive that a logo based on the
daemon had to be denied by the logo contest rules, I think that
the cockroach evades that.  Granted, it is unjustly seen as a
disgusting creature, but that's a different sort of offense.  And
other than that, it has many very positive qualities.

If the new mascott had been selected before the logo, then it could
have been incorporated into the logo, with the catchy subtext,
"We keep our bugs in our logo!"

(Yes, I am serious.  But not *too* serious...)