Subject: Re: New logo
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2004 18:52:14
On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 01:46:20AM +0100, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> Also, if you're so keen on changing a well-known brand mark, why not go
> with an animal, which is more or less conventional these days.  OpenBSD
> has gone for seafood, FreeBSD thankfully retains the lovable daemon,
> DragonFlyBSD comes with, you guess what, Linux have their fat penguin,
> Windows now a butterfly, MacOS (Darwin) goes with that weird otter-like
> thing with horns.  And NetBSD's got a.. a.. an orange flag.  Wow.

With the exception of DragonFly BSD, those are mascots, not logos (and
actually, isn't the butterfly MSN, not Windows?). I don't know what
OpenBSD, FreeBSD, or Linux do for logos, but the Windows logo is four
colored rectangles, and Mac OS X's logo is an "X" in what I guess is
Apple Garamond font.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 29 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++