Subject: Re: New logo
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2004 10:20:15
--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3

Also sprach Matthias Buelow (mkb@mukappabeta.de)
> I wrote:
>=20
> >That's what you get when a comittee decides on expressive art under the=
=20
> >governance of overzealous political correctness.

An ugly logo is just another collateral damage of political
correctness.

> I see that the flag is dark orange, ok, let's name it a shade of red.=20
> And distinctly pointing the _left_.
> Do you intend to express that society ought to storm to the left under=20
> the red banner?

The banner is waving the wrong direction. Almost anyone using NetBSD
is reading from left to right, just like the console does, but the
flag is moving from right to left, this expresses moving backwards!

That's a very stupid idea, especially for a marketing logo.=20
Remember the traffic signs that give a warning of sharp increase
(at least here in Germany). They use a tringle that rises from left to
right, because people reading from left to right sense this
directions moving forward.

BTW: the shape and red color of that flag reminds me of the naval
signal for "I have dangerous goods aboard".

--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3

--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3--