Subject: Re: New logo
To: Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2004 06:15:38
On Oct 31, 2004, at 5:56 AM, Benjamin Walkenhorst wrote:
> I liked the old logo the best, and I don't really think it should've
> been replaced
> in the first place. Especially, as to my knowledge none of the books
> the major
> religions are based on actually describes the devil as having horns
> and a tail and a
> fork. How are people actually supposed to *know* what the devil looks
> like?

In all, it should be remembered that the decision to replace the logo
was, only in small part, from feedback related to the offensiveness of
the daemon.   There were lots of other reasons cited for replacing the
logo; not the least of which was the difficulty for external groups to
do merchandising with the iwo-junka image...