Subject: Re: New logo
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/2004 02:29:46
Chris wrote:

> Ok - it just has to go.
> I don't like it - yes, I know what I think don't matter nevertheless - it
> still looks a tad gay

It looks completely nondescript.  It could advertise ice-cream, plastic
plumbing pipes, or about any other company or product on the planet.
That's what you get when a comittee decides on expressive art under the
governance of overzealous political correctness.  I'll stick with the
cute daemon, although it's a symbol that might not resound well with
idiotic religious fundamentalists in countries like Iran and the U.S.

--
   Matthias Buelow; mkb@{mukappabeta,informatik.uni-wuerzburg}.de

   "Why don't these damned oil companies fly their own flags on their
   personal property-maybe a flag with a gas pump on it."
         -- Brigadier General Smedley D. Butler (1937), U.S. Marine Corps