Subject: run cu from /etc/ttys
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/30/2004 01:56:50
Hello,

I'm trying to turn an old unused pc into a serial terminal using NetBSD.
I can perfectly logon to the terminal server at the other end of the
line using "cu -l /dev/tty00" (in fact I'm typing this mail through the
serial line), but now I want this machine to do nothing else, to just
start cu on the console at boot (so the users won't notice the
difference with the other dumb terminals).

So I replaced a /usr/libexec/getty line in /etc/ttys with a /usr/bin/cu
one and HUPed init, but then it gave some error about getty repeating
too quickly, sleeping...  What should I do about this?  Isn't it
possible to run arbitrary programs from /etc/ttys?

GH

PS: please CC me as I'm not subscribed...

--
:wq